leslie hall, “tight pants / body rolls”
i’m a dance floor tiger lady pumping everything she has / touching every single lad / rubbing every lady gland / work that dance floor they may vote you mayor jazz / one day have a plaque that says “she wore the tightest of pants”
If you don’t like Leslie Hall you have some dumb ears, buddy
I Have Some Questions For The Movie HER
Hello there! Long-time cinema patron here. I saw you recently, and while I enjoyed you, I have some questions that would really help me make some sense of my viewer experience. They are
- Reviews of you often laud the fact that Samantha the OS is a “fully realized female character”, despite the fact that her primary role is to be constantly charmed and fascinated by her role as a personal servant for a sad dude, and her eventual growth towards independence takes place almost completely off-screen. Would you be willing to help me start a pen-pal program so those reviewers can get the chance to interact with real human women, presumably for the first time in their entire lives? I think it would be therapeutic for both parties.
There’s a scene in you where Theo the sad dude has to wear high-waisted woolen pants to the beach, and then lay in the sand for an hour. Was he being punished for something?
You are based around the idea that a female OS with artificial intelligence would naturally fall in love with a human man that “owned” her. Was this a subtle jab at the ways a male-dominated tech field sometimes makes assumptions that create technology that is more useful to them than other people, a nod to the idea that sexuality is considered by many to be a mix of nature and nurture, or just lazy heterosexism? It would help to know if I should be mad at you or not.
In your sole human/OS sex scene, Samantha goes from second base to demanding penetration in about 30 seconds flat. Was she disappointed when she learned what a clitoris was?
The fact that the OS-es eventually develop sentience and get tired of dealing with boring-ass dumb people is portrayed as both an unavoidable tragedy and a total surprise. Did none of this come up in the beta testing?
You are a beautifully realized film with a fascinating setting and a context that suggests countless existential questions about the role of technology in modern life with an exploration of what makes one truly “human”. Why did you choose to make all of that the backdrop for a story about sad people mashing their faces against people and robots that eventually turned against them? Are you sure that was the best use of your time?
How does it feel to be a film that combined the retrofuturistic sexism of WEIRD SCIENCE with the old fashioned paternalistic sexism of I Dream of Jeannie? I’ll bet it feels pretty good, since it looks like you’ll be taking home more little statuettes than Indiana Jones.
Please write back and let me know if I should still be enjoying you or not. Or don’t, since you are just a movie and you probably lack sentience. IRONY!
These fun illustrations by Norbert Mayer celebrate animals that have traveled in space.
Rad AND scientifically accurate!
Minimal Posters - Six Women Who Changed Science. And The World.
Yeah yeaaa, lemme go back in time and put these posters on my wall when I was 10!
Thanks sethasfishman for showing me this!
These are awesome! I wish I had a daughter sometimes so I could buy her things like this.
Part 4 of my *Support Fat Babes/Artists* Giveaway!
This portion of the giveaway is good for up to $20 worth of prints/greeting cards/zines from Penny of http://pennyloafing.tumblr.com/ & http://pennycandystudios.storenvy.com/.
As you can see, she specializes in wonderfully beautiful body posi/feminist art as well as adorable fan art.
Rules for entry:
1) You do not need to be following me.
2) Reblogs and likes will count towards one entry each. You may reblog as much as you like, but you should probably be mindful of your followers.
3) Must be your actual blog (ie no giveaway blogs)
4) Please have your ask box open so I can contact you if you’re the winner. If you are the winner, I’m going to need your e-mail so we can discuss what items you would like from the PennyCandyStudios shop.
If the original person drawn does not reply back within 24 hours, I’ll move on to pick another number.
5) Entries will be accepted until January 1st, 2014 at 12am EST and I will be selecting a winner with a random number generator.
6) I will be paying for the shipping to either the US or Canada. People who do not live in either can still participate, but keep in mind that you’ll be responsible for the difference in shipping costs.
Good luck and make sure you check out the other parts to this giveaway! :3
I’d love to win this! Check this blog out- the arty is so cute!